Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm not a real big fan of the vampire thing reasons being number 1. They are DEAD!!  I'll admit some authors have made them seem very sexy but regardless they're still DEAD. But if your going to do a the VAMP thing then make it good.  Here are a few examples:  

Rachel Caine : Morganville Vampires
Molly Harper Jane Jameson Series
Lynsay Sands: ARGENEAU Series
Kerrelyn Sparks: Love at Stakes Series  
  And yes there are more so much more form adult to ya but this are the ones that hooked me 
and Vampire Knights it's a manga but the art work of beautiful. And the storyline is pretty intense for a manga.

Since I go that out of my system, I do love Paranormal Mysteries or Romance as long as I have some kick butt action adventure and mystery. The heroine must have a backbone and a good head on her shoulders. I loathe the wishy washy , I don't want a man or woman needing heroine. 
 I also like the heroes the no one else would seem to want.   I love the underdog that soon takes over the story and becomes his or her on person . I never want a perfect  character that no one can't  relate to, I want the characters that we can all see a little bit of ourselves in regardless of race, age, or cultural background.  That's what makes an author great ,when they get that formula just right. Weather it be the main characters or sidekicks.
Here are some authors that got it right in my view when it comes to the paranormal genre.
1. Kelley Armstrong : Darkest Powers & Darkness Rising/ Otherworld Series
2. Kim Harrison: The Hollow Series
3.  Charlaine Harris: Sookie Stackhouse
4. Laurell Kay Hamilton : Anita Blake
5. A D Koboah : Dark Genesis Kindle Edition * not for children*
6. L.A. Banks:  Vampire Huntress

This just names a few, a very select few ,that I've enjoyed. If you have suggestions then leave me a post .


No comments:

Post a Comment